THIS IS AN INVITATION TO OUR COMMUNITY TO COLLABORATE, PLAY AND HELP DEVELOP NEW WAYS FOR PROFESSIONALS IN THE CREATIVE ARTS INDUSTRIES TO TRADE, DO BUSINESS AND SUSTAIN THEMSELVES. we launch on 27th January 2016
Flying House will be launching their vision - a permanent resource sharing hub serving the performing arts industry. A place to network, eat, drink, rehearse, showcase…don’t too excited, it doesn’t exist yet. You’re going to help us build it – by participating in this the first of many signature Flying House pop-up happenings where artists are invited tograpple with important questions of the day. This is the first stone which lays the foundation for the realisation of that vision.
The Arts Stock Exchange
dream it, build it, fly it
- Can creativity be commoditised?
- Can performing arts professionals play the game of Capital?
- What is the worth of what you do?
- We ask these questions directly, playfully and subversively.
- What is the relationship between Art-making and Capital, particularly with the intangible, ephemeral disciplines such as theatre and dance?
- We explore all aspects of creativity, from ideas to finished products, teasing out the meaning of art and idea as commodity.
- What is the worth of a story? Is an idea worth the same as a cup of coffee? Why would you spend R200 on airtime but not on a theatre ticket?
The event will consist of an evening of curated performances that tackle those questions. Interspersed with the performative parts of the evening – a live auction of skills and a live trading floor of services, products and skills. Artists can bid for time and input from other artists. Facilitators, trainers, teachers, designers, singers, dancers, choreographers, marketers and accountants can advertise themselves, their shows, their products in a safe, playful, facilitated space.
So whether you want to put in the tenderest of bids, list your stock, trade your shares, share your trades, or simply come along and engage with some of the ideas flying around the house, you are invited to submit your proposal to be included in the programme. We invite you to engage playfully with the spirit of entrepreneurship.
- Live Pitches to "Dragons"
- List Your stock
- Trade your stock
- Auction of skills